By Christabelle… @CBellesCloset
Oscar night is upon us! Get yourself red-carpet ready to watch the show, with these amazing, hair-how-to’s from Pureology Artistic Ambassador Natasha Sunshine. Easy to achieve in the comfort of your own home…
Boho Downstyle: This undone style will turn heads and is quick and easy to achieve.
- Start with day old hair for a lived-in texture. Scrunch in Anti-Breakage Twist throughout.
- Using a 1 ½-2″ curling iron, wrap hair around the iron changing direction on each section until entire head is set.
- Once again, scrunch entire head to blend waves. Add additional Anti-Breakage Twist for silkier texture to give additional body and Cuticle Polisher for thicker hair textures to add shine.
- Braid the center braid down the back keeping the hair very loose at the roots. Add each side braid in to meet at the back-center of the head. Create a messy bun. Secure grips with an X shape under bun for added security and hold.
- Give a final spray with Strengthening Control hairspray.
Hot Tip: This style can skip the braid if need be. It looks fantastic both ways.
Undone Braided Chignon: Get that princess sophistication with a messy spin on the chignon.
- Starting with wet hair, apply a dollop-size of Nourishing Nectar throughout.
- Rough dry hair until 100% dry.
- Choose a side or middle part and French-braid front portion to the ear then continue a regular braid to tips.
- Lace or tease hair from the middle back to ends and spray with Strengthening Control hairspray.
- Scrunch the back hair into a messy bun and secure using your grips in an X fashion. Continue placing hair until all hair is secured up and feels like it will last the evening.
- Finish with a final dousing of Strengthening Control Hairspray.
Hot Tip: If hair is extra silky, you may set hair using steps 1-3 from the Boho Downstyle.