Stop Teasing Me…

8 Jan

By Christabelle…@CBellesCloset

Jennifer Aniston’s amazing “messy” pony

My latest hair obsession is the messy ponytail.  Elegant and sexy…sloppy yet refined – what isn’t to love about it? Perhaps trying to figure out how the hell to make it happen on YOUR head of hair.

So how did I make my version of Jennifer Aniston’s (one of my girl crushes and fellow Greek) perfectly imperfect pony? With a little help from my friends…at Redken.

Items needed:
teasing comb
hair elastic
Redken Powder Grip 03
Redken Quick Tease 15

1. Redken Quick Tease 15 – a must-have for the messy, low ponytail

Pour a generous amount of Redken Powder Grip 03 in your palms and run through the roots of  your hair and towards the ends (this will give texture to your whole head of hair)

2. Brush your hair back from the front of your crown to the back (as if prepping it for a ponytail)
  3. Take a 1-inch section of hair towards the middle of the crown of your head and hold it up. Then tease it by taking your teasing comb and move it up and down rapidly, moving towards the scalp. The result will be a cushioned, puffy section of hair.
  4. Continue to do the same towards the back of your head, but instead of using  your teasing comb, use generous amounts of Redken Quick Tease 15.

christina carathanassis

My version of the low, messy pony tail
    Color: Redken Cover Fusion 6NN

5. Gather hair into a  low ponytail, take your teasing comb and use to smooth the bump and sides; secure with an elastic.

6. The messier and puffier it looks, the better.  Spray and separate ends of the pony tail with Redken Quick Tease 15 (to finish off the messy look)
  7. Voila! You have mastered the low, messy, bumped up pony tail…

How did I do?

christina carathanassis

like us

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

About these ads

8 Responses to “Stop Teasing Me…”

1. sherry smith February 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM #

Your messy pony tail says the color is 6NN, do you mean the base or the highlights?

2. Christabelle's Closet - The Blog February 7, 2013 at 5:37 PM #

Hi Sherry!
    Sorry – I should have been more clear – my base is 6NN

Cheers and thanks for reading :)
    xo, christabelle

3. sherry smith February 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM #

Christabelle I’m thinking about using 6NN on my hair (Redken also). In the picture it looks like a nice brown. Do you like that color? Is it a nice light neutral brown?

4. Christabelle's Closet - The Blog February 7, 2013 at 10:46 PM #

I LOVE IT – but definitely more of a medium brown (not light)…very neutral (which we threw warm golden highlights over). It is a great shade, coverage is amazing, and super safe on your locks (haven’t seen one dry or split end). Hope that helps! Cheers and send a picture when you get it done :)
    xo
    christabelle

5. sherry smith February 7, 2013 at 10:53 PM #

Thank you so much for all of your help Christabelle!! Next time I go in for my color I’m going to use 6NN.

6. Christabelle's Closet - The Blog February 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM #

You are so VERY welcome – promise to send us a photo of the final result. Would love to see how it looks on you!

xo
    christabelle

7. sherry smith February 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM #

P.S. Love the messy pony!!

8. Sherry February 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM #

Hi Christabelle,

I forgot to ask you what is your natural hair color level?

Thank You!

Leave a Reply - we would love to hear from you!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,462 other followers