My neighbor (and Cuban bestie) Kim and I are NOT big drinkers. The mere sound of a cork being pulled from a resistant wine bottle is enough to give us both a good buzz. But many a night after work, we are looking to relax after along day – before our boys come home from the gym. And now that the cold weather has hit us all hard, Kim and I concocted what we like to think is the ULTIMATE Hot Toddy – created by two hot toddies (of the Cuban and Greek/Italian decent – so you know this drink has ‘tude and passion; with a splash of Irish – so you know you will have a smile on your face as you sip).
- 2 tablespoons Michael Collins Irish Whiskey (this can be tweaked given how bad a day you have had – lol)
- 1.5 Tbsp Manuka Honey (I like 2 Tbsp – Kim likes 1, so we compromised on the recipe)
- 1/4 Meyer Lemon (we have also tried this with 2 tsp lemon juice from the grocery store and it is just as delicious)
- 1 Tazo Calm Tea Bag
- 1 tsp McCormick Apple Pie Spice (this is a delightful combination of cinnamon, all spice and nutmeg)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 cup hot water
- Pour hot water into mug and add tea bag
- Add lemon, honey and whiskey, stir
- Add Apple Pie Spice, stir
- Let steep for 5 minutes
- Add a full Cinnamon Stick for extra flavor and decor
- Sip and enjoy…ahhhhhhhhh
Kimmy and I like to drink our Hot Toddies in our matching monogrammed mugs from Anthropologie…what are you drinking yours in?
(21+ – please drink responsibly)