Emma Stone rocked her look at the MET Gala…now you can replicate her stunning red carpet look with these easy steps from MATRIX haircare!
STYLIST: Mara Roszak
INSPIRATION: To complement her young and vivacious Lanvin gown, stylist Mara Roszak wanted Emma’s hair to emulate the same fun and effortless style. Describing the look as “doll-like,” Mara kept her look feminine yet playful with a flirtatious and modern, loose bun and side-swept bangs.
- Starting with damp hair, applied MATRIX Total Results Amplify Wonder Boost Root Lifter evenly throughout hair for all-over volume without weighting it down
- Blew-out hair with medium-sized bore bristle brush for a soft, natural finish
- Applied MATRIX Design Pulse Mega Dust to the roots for extra texture, volume and hold
- Gathered hair at the top of the head in a pony-tail. Secured with elastic, letting the front and side pieces around the hairline loosely fall out for a wispy, feminine look.
- With a soft brush or comb, gently teased the roots of the pony tail to add more volume
- Loosely pinned hair into an undone bun shape, crisscrossing bobby pins for extra hold
- Gently swooped bangs across forehead, securing them to the side with Lanvin hair accessory
- Sprayed MATRIX Total Results Amplify Hairspray all over for all-night hold
- Finished off the look with Biolage colorcarethérapie Shine Shake Spray for a high-gloss, chic finish
MATRIX Design Pulse Mega Dust ($15, Matrix.com for salon locations)
MATRIX Total Results Amplify Wonder Boost Root Lifter ($16, Matrix.com for salon locations)
BIOLAGE colorcarethérapie Shine Shake Spray ($14, Matrix.com for salon locations)
MATRIX Total Results Amplify Hairspray ($15, Matrix.com for salon locations)